Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2002 shogun 3.2 did . after approx. 4 or 5 miles the

Customer Question

I have a 2002 shogun 3.2 did . after approx. 4 or 5 miles the engine starts to rev like crazy start knocking and kicking blacjk smoke out I have to knock it off quickly leave it ten mins it gets about 4 miles again . ive replaced main fuel pump and turbo via another agarges advice I feel its something else please any ideas .
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello I'd say that this is a lack of boost thats only occuring once the engine gets warmso I'd suggest to first check all the high pressure hoses post turbo/s for any split hoses or cracked metal pipes, also check the ends of the intercooler as its not unheard of to pop the end caps off under high boost. If this is OK then check the small vacuum lines to the turbo and its connected control solenoid on the bulkhead, any cracks or leaks can give turbo issues and its best to have the boost pressure measured actually measured with a boost gauge to check that the turbo is healthy and that the sensor is reading correctly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi yes weve checked all this we have now since found petrol in the tank however I still find this hard to believe it would cover 7 0r so miles and then start playing up especially after adding £50 diesel in her after I collected her
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello
its possible that the injectors are sticking open due to the petrol contamnination?
try some deisel fuel treatment to add lubricant
this is a good one
http://www.opieoils.co.uk/pv-67611-millers-oils-diesel-power-ecomax-fuel-treatment-500ml.aspx?utm_source=ProductSearch&utm_medium=GoogleBase&utm_campaign=GoogleBase_ProductsFeed&utm_content=67611&gclid=CLHZro6H2sUCFSXlwgodGFsARQ