Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have recently purchased a Renault Megane 2, 1.5 dci 106,

I have recently purchased a Renault Megane 2, 1.5 dci 106, engine K9K. The car is an 08 plate YF08ENP and I suspect that the timing belt has not been changed. Car has a verified <51k miles but it is the age of the belt that concerns me.
Can you quote for a timing belt and water pump kit and your labour cost to fit it?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi.there..
We can only really give a rough estimate on that and what i think it should cost based on previous cars ive done..but bear in mind that parts prices do change..but overall the full timing belt kit along with the water pump could come in at £85 plus about 3 hours fitting roughly - you would also need coolant plus if advised based on belt condition the auxillary belt - the estimate could be in the £290 range - But all garage's charge differing labor rates so it makes sense to phone around locally or your mot garage for the best quote in vat etc..but they must have the correct timing tools to this job - but yes normally the belt change on the these in the 60-70,000mile range and at every 5 years which ever comes first...I do hope this helps