Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have a 2003 Nissan Primera 1.8 cc . I have a cylinder misfire

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Nissan Primera 1.8 cc . I have a cylinder misfire , and on diagnosis have discovered the coil third from the left is faulty.
I believe this car has 4 of these on top of each plug.
Can I just replace the faulty one or do I need to replace all four at once.
Patrick
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there..
Its really personal preferance whether you want to replace all four or just the faulty coil itself that needs replaced..alot of the times its best or advised if you like to just replace all 4 coils including the sparkplugs - that way your solving any potential issues with the other 3 older coils...but like i say its entirely your choice what route you go down..if it where me id do as above and replace all 4 including the sparkplugs..more cost effective in the long run if your planning keeping the car for a while..of course if your selling it or not planning in keeping soon then id just do the single coil..so you wont be spending out to much on it..I do hope this helps