Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Have a Ford Fiesta TDCi 2007. Had Injector 2 replaced, ran

Have a Ford Fiesta TDCi 2007. Had Injector 2 replaced, ran well for 2 months then injector 1 needed replacing ran for 2 weeks and Injector 2 gone again. Fault P1202. My thoughts is this is not an Injector problem but how to prove is the issue
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Do you have the other codes that where recorded .
Maybe P1202 you have no and the older ones P1201 .
To me this looks like a typical injector wiring connection issue
very common on this engine ,
The wiring harness are known to crack and let in water and cause issue just like yours ,I'm not convinced you are burning out the injectors.
You will have to check the wiring harness from the injectors to the ECM . make sure you have a good electrician check this for you .
Seen many people keep replacing injectors only to find it was a connection or wiring issue .
Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied.
IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more",
please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have.
I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Greg;Many thanks. Yes P1201 was recorded when Injector 1 failed. But now just P1202. I am not a mechanic but I get the impression that some of the garages around Lincoln just look at P1202 and state ' need a new injector' and at £300 a time having just done 2 I feel reluctant to spend another £300. I believe Injector 2 is still under warranty but will still cost me to take it out and prove it; hence, your answer may be my best option to pursue. Do you think I need to go to a Ford Garage (and pay the price) or just a good auto-electrician?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi .
I would check a good auto-electrician and see if you have a wiring loom issue or not ,which i bet you do, as these injectors do not fail that easy , and this code is a P1202, Injector 2 - open/short circuit, Wiring, if this checks out okay then (injector, ECM.)
Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Greg;Thank you for you prompt and informative response. I will get the car to an auto-electrician and see what they can find.regardsJohn