Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Cambelt detached, will pistons have hit the valves/injectors.

cambelt detached, will pistons have hit the valves/injectors. 11 plate
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Nasty issue here and yes sadly this is a interference engine ,meaning valves will hit the pistons ,and on this engine the valve rocker arms are know to snap off .
Here is what i suggest as in some cases you may be very lucky.
Fit the new timing belt making sure the timing marks are set up correctly and then do a compression test ,all cylinder should have the same compression reading ,if some are low or zero then you have bent valves .
Remove head and replace the bent valve and any other valve train parts that may be bad..
Then if needed please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.