Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

How do I make the suspension softer on a Honda Jazz 2002 1.3

How do I make the suspension softer on a Honda Jazz 2002 1.3 The car is great but the ride is hard.
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there..

There alot of things that could come into to play with regards ***** ***** quaility but you should bear in mind be the charactiristic of the car especially so if its a sports version..normally the best places to check is tyre pressures..tyre profile .. for starters is the psi too high and making the tyres to hard..maybe let down on the psi one or two and see if that helps..Profile of the tyre - larger profile with a higher side wall will have more a limited hard ride than a low profile so obviously check that..another is indeed an issue with the suspension ie:- worn shocks,springs..all that needs to be checked out or inspected even to be sure its not contributing to a poor ride quality,given the age of the car is likely that will be places to be contributing to it more..of course there are ways to help but obviously you cant have it anywhere near air suspension quailities on higher end cars - starters ie:- better more higher quaility shocks all round,springs front area ideally about the only things you can do....I do hope this helps