Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a skoda octavia 1.6 tdi dsg 2010.i want to now if my

Customer Question

i have a skoda octavia 1.6 tdi dsg 2010.i want to now if my problems with egr valves has anything to to with the emission scandal
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello the latest emisson scandal is not EGR relatedits more about VW putting the engine into a low power mode during the emissions test to avoid fitting extra emissions equipmentI would say your vehicle is unlikely to be effected by the recallbut if it is then your local dealer will be in touchbear in mind post the recall work being carried out then the car will lack power and have worse fuel economy than before
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.