Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech

I have a 55 Reg Megane 1.4 and after a run recently it

Customer Question

I have a 55 Reg Megane 1.4 and after a run recently it wouldn't start again. There is an immobiliser fault indicated, can you help ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 11 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Greg replied 11 months ago.
Hi .
If the immo light is on with the key in the ignition and switch to the ON position then the key is not getting recognized, what you will have to do is try your spare , if ther spare also has a problem then you will need to have the system checked for malfunction codes ,
in most cases its known for the system to malfunction and lose the ID of the key and just need reprogramming.
Here is a link to a site to find a local locksmith that has the needed equipment to check repair and reprogram your key .they will come to you and will be cheaper and far more easier than dragging your car to the dealership .
Copy and paste this link in your free browser .
Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service.
This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.
Greg, Technician
Experience: Automotive diagnostic tech
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Greg, the problem turned out to be a hidden, but simple when traced . A burned through live cable rubbing against a wire wound air hose on the near side of the engine bay. After trying to get to the bottom bank of fuses on the bulkhead (after the car started and then stopped) the cable separated in the auto - electricians hand. Thanks for the assist. David
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks Shantal. Close the question as the problem (now fixed) was one of a hidden cable shorting out on a wire wound air hose beside the battery carriage. David
Expert:  Greg replied 11 months ago.
Thank you David for getting back . Good find and good work . Happy motoring David and thank you for using JA, if you have future problems ask for me and hopefully you get answered a lot quicker .. Rgds Greg