Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have an Iveco tector 26 ton Wagon which starts sits well

I have an Iveco tector 26 ton Wagon which starts sits well in idle when I put it into gear and try to move be forward it cuts out
Any suggestions please
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello 1st consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this will reduce pressure at the main pump If OK then also check the connections to the EGR valve, if either the vacuum pipe of electrical connection are damaged / corroded then the EGR can be on all time which certainly will hurt performance. Its also possible that its a fault with the EGR valve so its worth removing the valve and cleaning it out with brake cleaner, if it looks particularly clogged then replace it.
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help but it seems no one has actually given me a definite answer which I realise can not always be the case
You have offered a prompt service and been completely honest that my problem has not been an easy one to solve