Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Bmw 520i petrol ,when at normal temp engine sometimes stalls,

bmw 520i petrol ,when at normal temp engine sometimes stalls, is bad to start and has no power ,ihave cleaned mass air flow sensor and fitted new air filter,dont know what to try next
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Is the check engine light ON when the engine is running . Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the car runs lovely untill it gets to normal temp,if istop the engine ,then restart it has no power and keeps staling, can be dificult to start
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it clears on a good run
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you . When this happens and you have no malfunction light ON and no malfunction codes then the problem tends to be a bad crankshaft sensor .When you have a no start situation then this is when you need to test the crankshaft sensor, here you will need a good scan tool to diagnose the cranksensor . Still need help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.