Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a 3.2 shogun did wen you go to start it she turns

Customer Question

Hi I have a 3.2 shogun did wen you go to start it she turns over 4or5 Times before it starts. and wen running it seems to lack power
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
When was the last service like fuel filter change etc.
Is the check engine light ON when the engine is running .
Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All filters have just been dun and the engine light is off. plus air filter just been dun
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Greg forgot to mention I have changed the tank filter as well and check the top tank pipes. thanks Brian
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brian How many miles on this engine . When trying to accelerate what colour smoke is coming out the exhaust pipe end . Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car has dun 10010 but it doesn't smoke not wen driving or just revving it . that's Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wen trying to pick up speed wen cumming off a circle in third it is very very slow in picking up speed .thanks Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ps if you dip the clutch and give it sum revs it pics up .or you have to go into 2 to get it going. Brian
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brian
This sounds like a turbo boost issue .
do you have a good shop that can test this for you .
If turbo checks out good then you need to be hooked up to a Mitsubishi level scan tool and test the injector pump .
Check for codes even if the check engine light is not on would not be the first time i've found code causing this issue and also found a faulty ECM so all these possibility's need checking .
Most common issue for this is the turbo boost sensor .
Still need help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi greg sorry been a way for a couple of days .wood the turbo boost sensor cos the car from staring properly as mentioned
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brian . Also been away with the flu just starting to get better. So i'm also sorry :-). Yes depending on the problem with the turbo .sized etc . I would first check the glow plug system ,may have a few bad glow plugs normally a good sign of bad plugs is when it does start when cold you may have grey smoke come out the exhaust a few seconds or more . Greg