Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

My ABS and traction control lights have come on on my dash

My ABS and traction control lights have come on on my dash board this afternoon and have not gone off. I have checked the fuses and the brakes work fine (did an emergency stop just to make sure) and all is good. So what could be the problem please.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you. Both ABS and traction control systems are integrated in the ABS Control unit, If both lights are on it is usually either an ABS Sensor or another fault on the system. The physical braking will not be effected however while the ABS and traction control light are on both systems will be disabled.There are a lot of possible causes of this, It is usually a simple wheel speed sensor fault, however it can be one of four sensors, or one of many other possibilities so the van will need to be plugged into a diagnostic system which will give a fault code and description of the fault, this will pinpoint the sensor or component at fault. Any good garage can provide a fault code scan and with the relatively high cost of sensors it is simple not economical to guess at the fault without having a fault code scan carried out first.
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience: Licensed diagnostic and repair technician