Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

I have a 2009 reg Freelander 2 HSE. Drivers seat recline suddenly

I have a 2009 reg Freelander 2 HSE. Drivers seat recline suddenly stopped coming fully forward. Goes back and returns to a semi-reclined point, then stops. Tried on memory and manually. All other electric seat adjustments ok. Any thoughts?
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.This sounds like the position sensing system is faulty, the seat uses a position sensors/micro switches to recall the memory positions through the control module, If for some reason it is unable to detect the position of the seat it will revert to "normal" position. I suspect that one of the micro switches or part of the wiring will be at fault, but occasionally these suffer from control unit failure. The fact every thing else works as normal with the seat would point to it being a switch or sensor on the reclining mechanism which would mean removal of the fabric/leather and some testing to diagnose the fault.
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Is this a job a non-franchised repairer could complete, or will I need to take the vehicle to a LandRover agent?

Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Any good garage should be able to take a look, some wont get involved in the removal of upholstery but most good general workshops should be happy to carry out the repair. A Franchise dealer however may have more experience of the problem and get the diagnostics and repair done faster which often works out cheaper and quicker. I would advise at least questioning the main dealer as they may have had several of these with the same problem in which case it can save a lot of time and labor in finding the problem.