Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a Korando Sports year 2015 and the air bag light stays

I have a Korando Sports year 2015 and the air bag light stays on when the car is running. I have read that it could be a loose connection under the front seat but have tried this and light stays on? Any ideas?
Billy
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Billy,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Hi Billy .
First before you start repairing , replacing parts, the one and only way is to first connect a Air Bag code reader to the system to see what in fact is causing the Airbag light to come on.
The part you was checking is not a bad idea as this is the most common fault on this car, so go going Billy..
But first Airbag code reader and check for codes ,this will put you in the right direction to where the problem is , another typical
fault is the driver seat belt pretensioners?? not saying this is your problem the code check will conferm this for you .
Ones you have the codes and you need help with them then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.
PS... You said this is a 2015 model, if so then this is still under Airbag safety warranty and will be fixed by the dealership free of charge .
Greg, Technician
Experience: Automotive diagnostic tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Greg. It was the seat belt preventioners as confirmed by diagnosis.
Thank you for your response.