Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

1.4 fiesta tdci 2006. I am getting a lot fumes coming into

1.4 fiesta tdci 2006. I am getting a lot fumes coming into the cabin,have had all the injector seals done what else can be done? to eliminate this problem.
Category: Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there good evening to you Ok is the fumes exhaust /carbon type fumes or more a diesel smell Is there any chuffing type noises at idle You say the injector seals were replaced was all the deals replaced (was this done at a ford dealer ) What other items were replaced when this repair was carried out Is the fumes more prominent at idle Regards ***** ***** brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just at idle, whilst running airflow disperses it. even after along run you stop at lights or a junction, its the same.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the parts were from a ford outlet as a full seal kit (pipes seals O rings etc).all done at a reputable garage.
Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the dlsy I have been away /offline
Are you hearing any chuffing type noises at idle
Was this the original fault ie why the seals etc were replaced or has this only happened since seals were done if so has the garage who carried outcthecrepsir checked it over
Kind regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no chuffing, There are no fuel leaks, as such and the seals are still good.
Hi there thanks
Was this the original concern as to why the seals were replaced
Regards Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have all the response from the car with no chuffing what so ever, It was number 2 injector that was leaking badly to start with.Its just the fumes mainly at idle or standstill as said before.
Hi there thanks
Ok the first thing I would inspect is the EGR cooler as there is a connection which removed when the seals are replaced etc if the connection is not fitted together properly it can cause exhaust fumes to escape
Obviously I don't know how bad the fumes are as in some cases customers complain of a strong carbon smell after this repair and it is because the carbon hasn't been removed from the head area and can be worse when engine warms but if exhaust fumes are escaping it should be Straight forward enough to detect (the air filter box needs to be removed for closer inspection of this issue
Regards ***** *****
Brian