Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

My 13 month alfa mito TCT has had clutch failure at 13 months.

Customer Question

My 13 month alfa mito TCT has had clutch failure at 13 months. Alfa says it is due to my driving even though my previous TCT mito gave no problems. They insist I pay.Surely driving an auto is just stop and go, putting the car in park during long hold-ups. Where do I stand?
Ken Waters
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ken,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Hello Ken,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ken I'd say you're correct , the only way these gearboxes can be abused is to have the transmisson selector in neutral (N) with a load of engine rpm dialled up (1500rpm +) and then drop the selector into drive so giving the clutch a lot of extra work if you haven't been doing this then I'd say the clutch isn't calibrated correctly as if it drags during a shift the gears will clash and prematurely wear outand this is all under control from the transmisson control unit which could also be at fault
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.