Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a kenwood dnn9250dab car entertainment system and

Customer Question

I have a kenwood dnn9250dab car entertainment system and my software will not update.
I have followed all the instructions but the unit will still not accept the software update from an SD card.
Please help
Category: Car
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 2 years ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Did you Decompress the downloaded file before you placed it on the memory card?Did you Copy the decompressed file to the top of the list on the memory card?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's the only file on the memory card
okay, the memory card may not be usable. Do you have a usb flash drive that you can use?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I've tried that too
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It just won't let me press the update button
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's driving me mad
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've tried everything possible
Researched everything and still no joy
okay, do you have the pdf instructions from the Kenwood web site?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I do
I have read them and re read and followed them and nothing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Checked every article going and nothing
okay, does the no media file message come on the screen when you insert the card?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It does
okay, what happens when you press the home button twice in the next step?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi randy can you call me ??
Or me call you so I can go to the unit
no, sorry i can only chat here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm just out at the car now
Gonna try again
okay, let me know I can open this to the other experts that may be able to call you if needed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing happens when I press the home button twice
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..The previous expert has opted out as he said / can be seen above - so we can carry on / I can help from here - Bear in mind please that I think we are in different time zones so replies ( from us both may involve some delays)Before I progress with this - two things I need to ask... first, What does happen when the HOME button is pressed?Second - you said earlier that you cannot press / operate the Update function... what exactly happens there - ie - is the button "functioning" - or is it greyed out ?Third - is the unit you are fitting new - or second hand?If you can let me know on these items as above - then we can carry on from there - Kind Rgds, MIKE.