Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

A petrol rover 25 with abs and 4 caliper brakes. When

Customer Question

A petrol rover 25 with abs and 4 caliper brakes. When driving and attempting to brake the brakes slow the car slightly and the pedal goes goes down to the floor generally leaving the car still rolling forward making it feel like air in system. Master cylinder
& brake servo ok and system bled numerous times. No apparent loss of fluid and no evidence of such anywhere. Problem started when an MOT garage changed rear near side brake assembly due to corrosion and not functioning properly. Lastly no abs light on dash.
Any clues
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello its possible that you need to run the ABS pump to move any trapped air inside the pumpthe dealer method is to use the diagnostic tool to cycle the ABS during bleeding however I've had good results buy just taking the car for short drive and stamping on the pedal at low speed to lock the brakes and trigger the ABSand then re-bleed
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.