Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Does the pump assembly in Megane 2008 1.6 petrol have a filter

does the pump assembly in Megane 2008 1.6 petrol have a filter in it?
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Yes there is a filter in the fuel pump module .Inside at the bottom of the fuel pump is a filter . Photo attached is a fuel pump module yours will look like this and can be accessed in the fuel tank . The second picture is of the pump that is inside the module ,with the filter also shown .This is what has to be replaced if blocked . Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service. This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can this flter cause the car to falter on a tank between 1/4 and 1/2 full when going uphill around a sharp right hand corner?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
If this filter was bad then it would most likely do it all the time.
But could be another obstruction in the tank causing you this .
When you start to have this issue do a fuel pressure test ,seen fuel pump itself do this when you get to 1/4 tank the pump is not completely under the fuel level in fuel and tend to get hot and malfunction when old .
Doing a fuel pressure test will confirm if the pump is the problem when having this issue ,for intermittent issue, fix in pressure gauge securely and test drive if pressure drops when you have the problem replace the pump.
This maybe your problem i would remove and inspect the fuel pump system .
Rgds Greg