Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I've seen a 2011 Citroen dispatch with 50000 miles on it, will

I've seen a 2011 Citroen dispatch with 50000 miles on it, will be going to look at it tomorrow any issues that I should be looking out for on the van of this age with these miles on it, also any idea of what I should be paying to put a passenger airbag in, thanks in advance
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello at this milage there' shouldn't be much wrong with it mechanicallyask when the van was last serviced and how many miles to the gallon they get as this is a good indication of the engine health( should be about 40mpg on average)The 1.6-litre diesel feels too strained on the motorway and at higher speeds, negating any economy benefits of this motor.Seems to be a problem of anti-roll bars repeatedly snapping on Dispatches used as 8/9 seater MPVs.Recall 05-01-2009: Accelerator pedal may not return to original position after being depressed.Recall 09-08-2010: Brake linkage rod not made to manufacturing standard and may cause premature wear.Recall 05-10-2010: Exterior lights may switch off without warning.Recall 22-02-2011: Fuel may leak due to pipe rubbing on fuel filter support in engine bay.Recall 11-07-2011: power steering may fail due to wiring coming into contact with other components.Recall 31-08-2011: Cylinder head may leak oil and cause engine fire.Recall 28-03-2012: Front left tyre may have suffered damage from deflation during transport.