Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Can a car manufactured in 2012 be registered as a 2013 car?

Can a car manufactured in 2012 be registered as a 2013 car? I bought a car recently that has a 2013 reg, and since found out it was manufactured in 2012.
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you pay extra for the 2013 reg.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry just ignore the live phone call. just email me the answer.
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you. Yes, It is quite normal for a vehicle to be manufactured before the registration date. Cars are often sat in a storage yard for 6 months up to a year before being delivered or sold. The Registration date is just that, and only applies to when the car is registered with the DVLA as a road vehicle for use on the public highway. This is why occasionally you can find a previous model of vehicle registered after a new model has been released, most manufacturers will use sales events and special offers to clear old stock before new models are released for this reason.The Hyundai i10 is a popular car of which a lot are sold, the cars will be produced under batch or mass production which often leaves a large number stored, also due to the variations of models a spec levels it may be a while before some one chooses that specific colour, spec, engine variant etc..
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.