Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

Glow plugs replaced. fuel pump replaced. fuel line pipe replaced.

Customer Question

glow plugs replaced. fuel pump replaced. fuel line pipe replaced. I go thru the start as usual. wait for glow plugs to go out. give it a couple of seconds. turn key. turns over but doesn't start even though primer pumped. starts straight away with the easy start trick. can you help?! it must be simple!! been back to the garage who put the glow plugs in 3 times now. they get it going. ok for first 2 or 3 trips then like today nothing. again.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 11 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Hello and Welcome - MY name is ***** ***** Im happy to help..Im afraid you dont give me any vehicle details at all... To save you time - obviously I can deduce you have a diesel of some sort - With this issue you have - its no good keep replacing the glow plugs -- thats not going to help. The circuit needs to be properly tested to see if they are receiving voltage - or not.. then go from there.. Then too - if thats ok... you have either an air leak ( suction - not nec diesel leak )... OR a fault with a part of the diesel system - such as one or more of the injectors / pump / or pressure regulator.. These things need proper diesel test equipment on them to find the fault and as such, a local diesel specialist who have all the nec equipment is your best bet to get this fixed properly for you.... Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE