Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a Vauxhall Meriva 1.4 Petrol engine. I have taken

HI, I have a Vauxhall Meriva 1.4 Petrol engine. I have taken it into a garage because the oil light kept coming on and there was oil leaking into the water tank. After stripping it down the diagnosed it with needing a recon head and water pump. I asked for the chain to be done at the same time. Since having it back straight away I noticed the engine still revving in between gear change and low power in engine. It broke down on way to garage. Can you put me in the picture of what might be the problem
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Was the check engine light on when the engine was running . What happened to the engine did it just stall out and not restart ,or engine sized . Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there was never any engine light on and the engine just completely cut out without any warning
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The engine seized
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Looks like you still had the same problem as you had with the engine before the repairs .oil pressure ?..
Did they replace the oil pump also .
Did they repair the bottom end or just do the head .
If the oil light was coming on then this issue should of been tested first by confirming the oil pressure , if the pressure was low why ? .
Oil pump bad ,oil pick up tube blockage ?.
Main bearings with too much play will cause weak oil pressure and cause a possible engine seizure.
Oil leaking into the coolant is a sign or a bad cylinderhead gasket or possible cracked head or block.
Looks like they confirmed a bad head and replaced this .
Looks like the job was not done well and also not tested after the repairs and let the car out to early .
Have a good talk with them as this is now not your problem this will be on the shops hands if you are still within warranty ..
Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service.
This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** have a better picture of what's gone on. On returning the car to the garage they now say they are replacing the pump which has now gone, and that the chain has been rubbing the cam, also they are denying it was there error but are putting it right free of charge.