Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech

My car engine keeps cutting out whilst I am driving. Had the

My car engine keeps cutting out whilst I am driving. Had the AA out a couple of times yesterday but there are no error's recorded on the car's computer and after about 15 minutes the car starts up again and is fine. It only cuts out whilst driving and only after about 20 minutes.
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 11 months ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
This is a typical Crankshaft sensor malfunction .
Ones it gets hot will stall your engine and when the sensor (engine )
cools down will let you start again .
How to check this is the problem .
When you have a no start issue hook up scan tool and in live data crank over the engine and check the engine speed readings if shows 0 (Zero) replace the crank sensor ,
This is typical not to store a malfunction code ..
If you do have a reading of rpm then next most common issue is the fuel pump also known to freeze when hot and restart to work when cooled off get most often when the fuel tank gets below 1/4 full ..
So possible Crank sensor or fuel pump .
When no start do a fuel pump pressure test ..
Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service.
This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.
Greg, Technician
Experience: Automotive diagnostic tech