Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2007 Astra van 1.9cdti today first time

Hi I have a 2007 Astra van 1.9cdti today for the first time van started as normal but wouldn't Rev and I tried to pull away and kept stalling! Eventually started running ok and now EGR light on most of the day and later in the day went off,Tonight went to go out in van it started but won't Rev again runs for about 5 seconds and stalls but stinks from the exhaust a strange smell can you help please Ash
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ash,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I've not yet fixed my van as been using my car instead but not ideal but I would like to able to fix my van instead of towing it to a garage and getting a whopping great bill from them,so please if a mechanic could possibly put me in the rite direction it would be great many thanks Ash.
Hello Ash,
Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ash 1st check the connections to the EGR valve, if either the vacuum pipe of electrical connection are damaged / corroded then the EGR can be on all time which certainly will hurt performance. Its also possible that its a fault with the EGR valve so its worth removing the valve and cleaning it out with brake cleaner, if it looks particularly clogged then replace italso consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years