Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

My car cut out tonight when the engine management light

Customer Question

Hello my car cut out tonight when the engine management light and oil light came on and won't start what could be wrong,?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.
With this sort of a breakdown - a cut out / instant - while there can be other reasons for it such as sensor / sudden component failure - such as relay / fuel pump etc - the most common / first thing to check would be the actual drive for the engine - that being the timing belt / camshaft drive.
If that breaks - the engine will stop suddenly as if its been switched off - and will crank but will not start. On cranking if this is the case, the engine will often sound to crank faster than normal as there is no compression.
So check that first and then go from there -
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE