Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Can the horn be adjusted to work on a Skoda Yeti 2.0 without

Customer Question

Hi,Can the horn be adjusted to work on a Skoda Yeti 2.0 without the ignition being on.? Thanks
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2015 model.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.Such a task can be done - but its not that straight forward. I would strongly recommend to locate and use a good Auto Electrician who can do the re wire for you - the circuit will have to be altered for that do to as you ask.I can give you a circuit diagram if you were to attempt the task yourself ( not that I would recommend that as above - as you can upset the BCM - ( controlled functions computer ) but its there. I would need the cars full reg.The simplest way - a very DIY way , would be to disconnect the horn from its main circuit and supply a positive feed to it via a switch to make it work that way. You could use the proper horn push but you would have to totally disconnect it from its original circuit - or you would get feed back and short the circuit.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --Best Rgds, MIKE