Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

After some advice I have a 2007 vectra c 1.9cdti and yesterday

Customer Question

Hi after some advice I have a 2007 vectra c 1.9cdti and yesterday it felt like it hesitated a couple of times, I drove it last night and it was idlying high around 1500rpm now today it seems to struggle to start and you can't Rev it at all. I have a couple of ideas but not sure. Many thanks lee
Category: Car
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also not sure if I entered my email correctly it's***@******.***
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Hello check the connections to the EGR valve, if either the vacuum pipe of electrical connection are damaged / corroded then the EGR can be on all time which certainly will hurt performance. Its also possible that its a fault with the EGR valve so its worth removing the valve and cleaning it out with brake cleaner, if it looks particularly clogged then replace it. If this is OK then check the small vacuum lines to the turbo and its connected control solenoid on the bulkhead, any cracks or leaks can give turbo issues and its best to have the boost pressure measured actually measured with a boost gauge to check that the turbo is healthy and that the sensor is reading correctly If its a variable vane turbo (they’ll be an actuator on the turbo body - but not a wastegate) then check its vacuum pipework as above and check the connections to the diaphragm / solenoid valve Also worth checking that the glow-plug relay is switching off as they can stick on and leave the glow plugs also on - on some cars this can force it into limp home Also worth considering adding a bottle of injector cleaner into the tank as a clogged injector nozzle will reduce power and give poor combustion - the next stage on from this is to remove all the injectors and have them ultrasonically cleaned and flow checked
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Matt thanks for your prompt reply, I've been out to the car and started it but have no throttle pedal at all, could this be down to the throttle pedal control unit falling? I have had it read too and it's brought up 3 faults, egr valve, mass air flow meter and (can't remember this one well) but manifold something mbf rings a bell, sorry to be so vague with this but any of those possible to stop the throttle working?
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
OK thanks for the extra information
for the throttle not to respond then I'd say its likely to be a fault with the pedal sensor - try disconnecting it and spraying both connectors with contact cleaner and inspect the wiring for any hard sections or other damage
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Matt that's what I was looking at but wanted to rule things out before I give in too a garage, thanks for the advice I'll let you know how I get in tomorrow, have a good night and thanks again
Lee
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
understood