Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Please excuse this initial monologue, but kinda helps to set

Customer Question

Please excuse this initial monologue, but kinda helps to set the scene, I have a Mini JCW that I bought new in 2011 when I was working in the USA, I have since retired and moved to France and brought my beloved JCW with me, now trying to get it approved for use in France, everything is good except the rear fog lights which are a requirement in France, the rear fog lights are there with the reversing lights in the bottom valance panel, even the bulbs are installedl but there is no switch on the centre console. My local Mini dealer is trying to find a solution, one guy there is really good and trying to find a solution, but for the rest seems to fall in the "it's to much hassle bucket", any help would be appreciated.
John
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello if you have the lights already mounted then I'd suggest the simplest way forward is to add the wires required and a suitable relay then source the correct fog-light switch from a european carany competant auto electrician can peform this work as all it needs is a feed to the new relay from the headlight switch and that new relay then switched by your new foglight switchI'd estimate its about 3 hours work to carry this out
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.