Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Switch speed(heater) speed 1 2 and3 not working speed

Customer Question

Switch for fan speed(heater) speed 1 2 and3 not working speed 4 works is it the switch
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello you don't say what car this isbut what is common to a lot of models is the heater fan speed is controlled by a large resistor, that sits inside the air duct and so drops the current to the motor to achieve a lower speed so take a look under the dash to locate the heater fan motor ( it'll be a big cylinder) and there will be a resistor wired to it close by - replace this and that should restore the fan function
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.