Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Corsa 1.2 petrol 2010 ,24k just started smoking very bad .blew

corsa 1.2 petrol 2010 ,24k just started smoking very bad .blew all the oil out of exhaust.not been driven over 50mph, it was like a form 1 engine letting go. comp test reads 16 bar per cyl.
Ray
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello The first thing I'd check is the crankcase pressure relief valve (PCV) these are sprung loaded and are only meant to 'burp' excess pressure every now and then. The exiting gas is piped back to the inlet, however should the valve stick open then the engine tends to suck the air out of the crankcase all the time and this carries oil over with it. If you remove the air intake pipe and look inside where the crankcase breather is plumbed in you may find evidence of oil. If you do find oil replace the valve.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry that answer is wrong in my case ,there is no relieve valve in the system according to Vauxhall ,the car is now in main dealers to try to access the problem upto now they can't find out what's wrong,the next step is to remove the cyl head,they are talking about a new engine. I've tried the release before contacting you.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
well if you have a broken piston ring on 1 or more pistons then the whole engine will have to come apart so it might well be better to consider sourcing a good used engine and just replacing the whole unit as this often makes better economic sense
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's my next step,