Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a VW Golf 2.8 V6 4motion Mk4, I hear a lot of noise

I have a VW Golf 2.8 V6 4motion Mk4, I hear a lot of noise from the engine it sound like the timing chain problem, and also loosing power please kindly, some idea how much it will cost to repair?
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello if the noise is a 'tinkling' rattle that gets louder with revs then yes I'd agree it sounds like the timing chain parts are around £200 and expect about 5 to 6 hours labour required to do the workif you can tell me your location I'll try and find a garage for you