Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Why is the clutch pedal on my daihatsu fourtrak so hard

Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there..
Has this been a sudden issue or one that steadly got worse?
Any issues getting into and out of gear etc?
How many miles does the vehicle have?
Anything inspected or replaced so far upto this point?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem getting out and into gear,a new of the shelf clutch fitted about six months ago
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi..there..
Normally when the clutch pedal becomes heavy or you have to make more of any effort to dperess the clutch means the clutch is wearing out or the pressure plate should i say - But considering you have had the the clutch replaced which includes all 3 parts - the friction plate/pressure plate/release bearing - then you could rule that out being at fault..having said that..the area to maybe inspect is the release side of the clutch system..you dont mention the year of it..but id persume on them they may still use a clutch cable..in which case checks to that would need to be made to ensure that isnt at fault or binding slightly..only way to know that is to disconnect from the gearbox end and then try actuating the clutch pedal and see if still the same or not..that way it will determine which is at fault..the clutch release side..or a problem with the clutch itself or release fork which the release bearing is fitted too isnt binding maybe..normally that has to be cleaned greased slightly and checked for proper movement before the gearbox is put back on...But there is also the factor of the clutch settleing in..so if the vehicle isnt often used since that replacement..then it could just be that..so as above a few things to maybe check out...I do hope this helps