Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

UK isuzu rodeo denver 3.0 2005yr . Knocking and acrid blue

Customer Question

UK isuzu rodeo denver 3.0 2005yr . Knocking and acrid blue smoke . Have checked :-injectors - ok ,,, pushrods - none bent [was told common fault] ,,, Not breathing
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Hi blue smoke is a good solid sign of engine oil burning .
Most likely cause is the following .
Piston oil rings ,
Valve shaft seals.
Or the engine breather blocked open and causing the oil to get by the breather and into the intake system.
If you have the TD engine have the turbo checked
If you have a Turbo this is also a common issue with the turbo shaft seals failing ..
Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.