Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech

Peugeot expert pours out unburnt diesel from cold start. won't

Customer Question

Peugeot expert pours out unburnt diesel from cold start. won't rev up then has massive flat spots during normal driving and needs to be dropped down through the gears to make hills. also rattles like a tractor.
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 10 months ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
You need to have the injector pump tested ,check that you don't have air in the delivery tubes to the injection pump .
Check that the glow plugs are staying on for at least 10 -15 seconds on a cold start up,you may have new plugs but is the power supply there when cold , typical signal for this is grey smoke on start up and slowly clears when hot . if still smoking when hot have the compression tested.
this will confirm good compression or if the timing is out ,which will also give you a problem like you are having .
Most common issue like you are having .
Timing out .
Injector pump.
Glow plugs.
Low engine compression .
Air in the fuel lines .
Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service.
This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.