Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech

Replaced the crankshaft sensor on my 147 tspark 1.6 started

replaced the crankshaft sensor on my 147 tspark 1.6 started ok ran for a while stopped it and it wont start again still showing the crankshaft sensor fault any ideas
Regards Keith
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 10 months ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,.
Can you give me the codes as for this there are four or more codes .
Typical problem , check the connection on the crank sensor this is know to cause problems as the pin loses contact .
Wiring damage check the wiring harness to the crank sensor do a wiggle test when trying to start .
if you see it trying to start check the wiring harness.
Using a cheap aftermarket sensor will also cause this to happen so first try a original part.
Not sure what tools you have but if you can scope the sensor at the sensor this will confirm if it working or not if its working you then need to check at the ECM side of the wiring harness if working then you have a bad ECM .
Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.
Greg, Technician
Experience: Automotive diagnostic tech