Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have CITROEN DS3+ automatic 64 Plate and I went through

Customer Question

I have CITROEN DS3+ automatic 64 Plate and I went through a rather bit puddle yesterday and shortly after my brake warning light came and I have just checked it it is still coming on. I don't live where I am and dont know where I can take my car help would be welcome.
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello Check the fluid level in the brake reservoir under the bonnetbut I suspect the cause of your issue is water inside 1 or more of the connectors to the brake pads as they feature a wear monitoring circuit and if this circuit was shorted out it will turn on the brake light so providing the fluid level is OK and the car stops as it should with no rumbling noises or pulling to 1 side then you shoudl be fine to drive it homealternatively any small independent garage could take a quick look a the brake pad electrical connections and clean them out for you
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.