Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician

Ross, i got a 1.2 skoda fabia 2008 the passenger window is not working of the passenge

Customer Question

Hi ross,
i got a 1.2 skoda fabia 2008 the passenger window is not working of the passenger switch,but the window is working from the switch on the driver side and the other issue the interior locking switch is not working car doesn't lock from passenger door from the inside....can you help
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 10 months ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you Two things come to mind, the electric window motor also contains a door control module, this controls the central locking for that door, as well as the window switch controls and functions, these fail which can cause these problems, alternatively it could be a wiring fault, the wires in the rubber boot between the door pillar and the door can break. This is relatively easy to check simply by pulling the rubber boot back to look for broken wires. If they all look OK, ideally the car needs to be plugged into a diagnostic system which can read the door control module, if the passenger door control module has failed, there will be a fault code relating to it stored which will pinpoint the fault. All good garages can carry out this scan which usually costs around £40. Please feel free to ask if you have any further questions, if your happy with my answer please don't forget to provide a rating, thanks, Ross.