Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

My mazda bt 50 ts starts but soon stops the water indicator

Customer Question

my mazda bt 50 ts starts but soon stops the water indicator is always on even after afilter change but about 6 years ago it had t same problem the main agent fixed it and told me that they had cleaned out a small filter after the main fuel filter but before or just in the fuel pump my garage is about to pick the truck up if I could give them as much information this will help them thank you from Trevor
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.There is a small gauze filter in the fuel pump, if for any reason small particles get past the main fuel filter, this will prevent them from entering the fuel pump which cause cause major problems. The downside of this is that the filter is very small and will block easily, The filter is on the fuel pump inlet from memory it is a simple gauze which can be cleaned, if it is clearly blocked it should be replaced rather than cleaned in case small particles get let past. This would certainly be the first thing to check if no other faults are present.With regards ***** ***** water level warning light, it sounds like it may be a faulty float sensor, these seem to be a fairly common failure and simply a case of replacing the sensor to cure the light. It would be wise to have a diagnostic scan carried out before any other work is started, often the fault will be detected by the engine ECU and a fault code will be stored which can help pinpoint the fault, Just in case there is debris in the system which has caused this problem I also recommend the main fuel filter is once again replaced after this work is completed, or at very least checked. Please feel free to ask if you have any further questions, if your happy with my answer please don't forget to provide a rating, thanks, Ross.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you Ross iam very pleased with the way in which you helped me regards Trevor
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Im glad to be of help and best of luck with the repair. If you need any further help please feel free to reply and I will be happy to continue my assistance. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.