Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Xsara saloon, why does drivers door sometimes not open even

Xsara saloon, why does drivers door sometimes not open even when unlocked. seems to be electrically locked?
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Has a response been sent yet. Have I missed it somehow?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
When this happens you will find that you have a bad door lock actuator,
What you could do is first remove the door panal and check that the actuator has not got any corrosion on the moving parts if you do soak with WD40 and lock and unlock the door a few times until it become free ,
If no improvement then replace the locking actuator
Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi .
Did you have time to check my answer.
Rgds Greg..
Greg, Technician
Experience: Automotive diagnostic tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't know my door had actuator, thanks, ***** ***** away for now, why I don't know. Happened before on passenger side then stopped. Has been an intermittent problem so now will try your suggestion thanks again.