Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Wipers keep stopping for no reason then start again on their

Customer Question

wipers keep stopping for no reason then start again on their own ....
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.Based on your symptoms, I think may be the switch but could also be the motor. A simple way to diagnose this is if the wipers return to the parked position when they stop, the switch is the most likely suspect. If they cut out mid cycle it is a sign of problems with the motor. The wipers are controlled via a central control unit which should also be checked for fault codes using a diagnostic scanner. Certain faults on the system will be detected by this and will pinpoint the problem, it will also rule out control unit faults, If you have automatic rain sensing wipers, it could be a problem with the rain sensor or control system, a diagnostic scan will also check this.
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.