Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

I accidentally refilled the Maxol blue coolant into my 2006

I accidentally refilled the Maxol blue coolant into my 2006 2.0 petrol Nissan Xtrail. The old coolant was green in colour. Is this going to be a problem by doing this?
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.Maxol Blue Antifreeze is a Glycol based coolant/antifreeze with added corrosion inhibitors, The original factory coolant it also a long life Glycol based antifreeze, there is no reason it would cause any problems in your engine as these will not react with each other. If you had added an Inorganic (usually orange or pink) type for older vehicles It may be of concern depending on how much was used but in your case I don't think you have anything to worry about, the only real difference is the colour.
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.