Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech

Bought a car recently (less than 1 Year ago) and it has now

bought a car recently (less than 1 Year ago) and it has now assessed as being in need of a major repair,possible cost €2000. I believe the car to be still under warranty but have no invoice showing this. When you buy an object should you not expect to last for a certain amount of time before breaking down? The car cost me €18,500.00. Please advise
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 10 months ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
If the car is still under warranty then this should be covered in any VW Dealership .
The Warranty is only 3 years so check with the Dealership from your Chassis number when the car was first bought..
If you are lucky you may be still in the warranty time .
Also when buying a second hand car from the dealers they normally give an advance warranty, so check with where you bought the car ..
If you bought the car from a none VW dealership then you will have only the first 3 year warranty, so as said check the first sale date as in many cases some buy the 2012 in 2013 and the warranty starts at first sale date not production date .
Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service.
This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.
Greg, Technician
Experience: Automotive diagnostic tech