Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a seat cordoba reg s812xox not long bought but it's

I have a seat cordoba reg s812xox not long bought but it's burning oil what compression tested ok what is it likely to b and what are my options. if I need a new engine what should I look for? And I only seem to get 260 miles to a tank is this normal? My Ldv gets the same miles for the same cost
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
If engine compression is good then you may have blocked oil rings ,this happens when the engine oil in the oil rings get hard .
Here is a good why to free the oil rings :
Run engine until hot .
Remove spark plugs .
Fill each cylinder with 6oz of clean good brake fluid .
Replace plugs turn in just a few threads .
Wait 4 - 6 hrs longer the better .
Remove plugs .
Using a shop rag cover the spark plug holes and crank the engine
this will dispel any brake fluid left in the cylinder.
Clean any brake fluid from the engine with soapy water.
Replace with new spark plugs drain oil and replace with new oil and filter .
Start engine will smoke like crazy for around ten minutes test drive car if the oil rings where bad they should now be lean and work .
If after this cylinder flush you are still burning oil then you will have a problem with the valve steam seals.
8 out of 10 i can clear up the oil burning with this system .
This is only if the engine compression is good if the compression is low this is due to compression rings being warn out which will mean the oil rings are also warn out ..
Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will give this ago when get chance probably sat thanks for reply glad to know that rings should b ok as compression (i have been told) is good
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Good you will be surprised how good this works .remove the oil fill cap and look in the valve cover if you see a lot of black hard particles of oilthen this will be a good sign that this is your problem . Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does red ex do the same job?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
I would use the DOT 3 Rgds Greg