Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Speedo not working

Customer Question

speedo not working
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
Can you post me a photo of the sensor you replaced ,use the old one so
you don't need to remove the new one ,need to see which type you have fitted .
As there are two types , one is in two parts worm gear in the trans and sensor on top , the other is a Hall effect sensor .
Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Greg,the sensor was supplied complete as a hub sensor package,
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Is the ABS warning light also ON .
Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No ABS light on,my Elise doesn't have ABS fitted,all dash light function as they should,just speedo and odometer not working.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Is this the only wheel with the sensor on the hub or does all 4 have this .You do have the 4 cylindr Toyota engine and transmission fitted in this Elisa. Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its K series Rover,this is the only sensor fitted,there is a similar sensor on the O/S/R although this is not wired up to the loom,no sensors on the front,so before I bought the hub kit I did wire it to the other sensor but to no avail !obviously the rear end is the same as the Mg Tf hence sensors on both rear hubs
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Okay .Im not to sure on this one but the model with toyota model it has the worm gear and sensor on the transmission .so sorry to have wasted your time and let me opt out and see if another expert can assist you with this issue . Kindest regards Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fair enough,will you find someone ?I too am at a bit of a loss as readings for sensors etc seem to be hard to come by,even though I am in the trade thanks
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a scan tool to read live data .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have access to one,but the info it reads seems limited...
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Okay good ,hook up and go for a drive and see if you do have a vehicle speed reading let see if the ECM is getting a reading from the sensor on the hub .Did you check the signal from the hub and do you have 5 volts to the hub. Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay,ill get the reader and come back to you,any help is appreciated ,under the dash is also a switch pack which is a sealed unit,I believe this also has the speedo run through it,I have to borrow the scanner so won't be straight away thanks
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like a good plan (Y)