Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

My Toyota Landcruiser prado 3.0 litre 2000 year won't start.

Customer Question

Hi my Toyota Landcruiser prado 3.0 litre 2000 year won't start. Which battery should I connect jump leads to?
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
You can connect to any of the two battery's as they are both on the same circuit ,
Below is a link to a diagram on how to connect up to a battery using another car .
http://www.4shared.com/folder/s4e0P6Rl/_online.html
Red is positive (+) and the black is the Negative (-)what ever you do do not cross the leads could cause expensive damage to the electrical system ..
Attach the red, positive cable clamp to the positive (+) battery terminal of the dead battery.
You want a solid connection to the battery terminal, which may require some initial wiggling of the clamps.
Attach the red, positive cable clamp on the other side of the jumper cables to the functioning vehicle’s positive (+) battery terminal.
Connect the black, negative cable clamp to the working battery’s negative (-) battery terminal.
Do not connect the black, negative cable clamp to the dead battery.
Instead, attach that clamp to an unpainted part on the engine block. This will help ensure a safe jump.
Now start the car with the good battery and wait a few minutes then try and start your car ,if you just get a click,check connections and wait a few minutes more, this will give the dead battery time to take on a charge , then try again.
Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service.
This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.