Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Toyota Rav 4- Oil check light and then engine management light

Customer Question

Toyota Rav 4- Oil check light and then engine management light keeps coming on, despite checking and changing oil and filter
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello if you're confident the oil level is OK then its likely that the oil level sensor is faulty this plugs into the side of the sump and then sends a signal back to the ECU to confirm the level is OK, a faulty sensor will turn on the fault light as well generating the oil level message, check the wiring to the sensor for any damage 1st and that its connector is corrosion free and if thats OK then fit a new sensor
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.