Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech

My partner is on the M6 (heading north) in a 12 plate Ford

My partner is on the M6 (heading north) in a 12 plate Ford Focus, she is saying there is a blue warning light on the dash saying "engine malfunction" service due. She also things the temp gauge is higher than usual. I checked oil + water last night and they were OK
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 10 months ago.
Blue is normally just the high beam is on .With the overheating the red coolant temp warning light will come on so if the temp gauge needle is a little higher than normal and the red temp light is not on then all is still with in limits and she can continue to drive .As long as the check engine warning light is not flashing and the engine still running smooth then she can also continue to get home .If the check engine light is on you should have a check done as soon as you can , this is indicating that the management system has found a malfunction with in the system. As long as no red warning lights are ON you are still safe to drive .Temp gauge higher than normal but no red temp warning light on then find a petrol station and check coolant level .Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service.This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.
Expert:  Greg replied 10 months ago.
Hi . Did all go well . Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Greg;I have taken a photo of the error message in the car.You were correct that it's something that needs checking by the main dealer.The warning message is in blue and wasn't anything to do with the light settings.Regards***** *****
Expert:  Greg replied 10 months ago.
Hi Mark .. Due to the flash on the camera can not see the blue light ,take another photo without the flash . Glade she got back without any other problems . blue light is a indication of not to serious problem . Rgds Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience: Automotive diagnostic tech