Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a 1998 2.5 diesel with the BMW engine. It's just had

Customer Question

I have a 1998 2.5 diesel with the BMW engine. It's just had a new head fitted. Have fuel to the injectors have cranked them off to remove the air but engine will not fire. What else could be the problem Glow plus and injector light on dash go out when turned over?
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
These engines are a bugger to get started after having the fuel system disconnected due to air in the system .
What i suggest you do is tow start the Rover or use easy start sprayed
down the throttle body when cranking .Do short burst from the spray can when cranking too much will hydrolock and stop the engine turning .
Also Note very common on this engine that if just one glow plug is bad very hard to start. check plugs remove and test bench.
Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.