Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have leaking diesel from my Honda Civic 2009 I took it

I have leaking diesel from my Honda Civic 2009
I took it to Honda today and they say they cant price it up as their internet system is being re done. However they have assured me I can have it done on Tuesday 5th Jan 2016.
They have sent a video showing where the problem is and there needs to be a metal pipe replaced as it has corroded and the clip has come away. However they have said it will take about 4-5 hours labour and i don't understand why. I need my car by Tuesday evening as I am back at work on Wednesday am I looking to have to take out a small mortgage do you have any ideas why it will take so long to fix?
Category: Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
https://video.citnow.com/vp_-KJrC_xk link for video shot by Honda
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello thanks for providing the video linkunfortunately to replace that pipe with a factory original part then the fuel tank has to be dropped which in turn requires the rear suspension to come off basically its one of the 1st parts fitted to the car when they built it and as a consequence a lot of the car has to come apart to replace it so the garage aren't ripping you off in this instance however if you were happy with a more 'get you going' approach then the line could be cut back either side of the corroded portion and then replaced with a short length of flexible rubber fuel hose this would only take about an hour at mosthowever most garages would be reluctant to do this as its a modification to the factory specification
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the response it is as we thought and I will be forking out a large some of money. But it is worth it in the end i love my Honda car and endeavour to keep it for as long as I can. Please accept my apologies for not responding before but BT internet was down.Many Thanks
Carolyn
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
understood Carolyn Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you